Valentine’s Day is just a little over a week away. Some of us cannot wait for the day. Others cannot wait for it to be over. However you celebrate, Valentine’s Day does not have to just be about your “one and only”. Show love to your friends, family, and even your community!
There are so many ways to spread the love. One of my most fond Valentine’s memories is of my best friend and I trying to complete as many kind gestures in one day. We completed 7! How many can you accomplish? Here is a list to get you started:
- Plant and dedicate a tree to a loved one
- Create a “Pass it on” drive thru line and pay for the car behind yours
- Volunteer at your local shelter or food bank
- Give an uplifting note to a stranger passing by
- Pass out flowers
- Bake cookies for someone you love
- Make a homemade cards for your neighbors
- Clean up around your local park
- Adopt a pet
- Donate some of the items you no longer need
- Send a card or care package to our troops
- Help give someone a voice who does not have own of their own: https://www.vocalid.co/
Need more ideas? Research opportunities in your area at http://www.volunteermatch.org/ Tell us how you plan to give back!